The wizard Arrogo, a student of the infamous mage Kelok, achieved minor fame developing original spells, some of which were extremely dangerous to the caster. While his supporters claim he developed spells still used today, unbiased experts claim his original spells have been lost. His detractors claim that this is a good thing, at least for wizards who prefer not to be imploded by their own magic.
Because of his love of magical research and dangerous machines, it is perhaps fitting that the legends claim that he met his end whilst researching a new spell. Those friendly to his memory claim that he perished while nobly expanding the boundaries of magical knowledge. His detractors insist he perished while making his last and greatest mistake.
Little is known of his tomb. According to legend, the tomb was hidden in the wilderness to keep grave robbers and pilfering adventures away from his treasures. There are, of course, the usual tales about the tomb of any wizard, namely that it is packed with great wealth and fantastic items. Naturally, there are also the usual tales of the elaborate precautions, terrible traps, and vicious monsters that protect the tomb.
- Here are some of the features of the adventure:
- Interesting encounters on the journey the tomb.
- Detailed color maps for encounter areas and the tomb.
- New monster (Iron Guardian).
- New spells (Arrogo’s Agony, Arrogo’s Angry Shards, Arrogo’s Flame of Essence, Arrogo’s and Leap of Faith)
- New Traps
- New Weapon (Kelok Crossbow)
- New Magic Items (Leaping Boots, Missile Brooch, Shard Shell, and Stone of Essence)
- Statistics are included for all encounters.
- Hero Lab support.
- Robust opportunities for role-play and combat.
- For character levels 2-4.